Internet Explorer under Linux or Mac OS X
- Download and install VirtualBox
- Download Internet Explorer
- Adjust RAM settings as it’s only 256MB by default (I’ve used 1GB for each on box with 8GB RAM and 768MB for each on box with 4GB RAM).
- Run virtual machine and log in to Windows as Administrator (password: Password1).
slmgr –rearm from terminal (to run terminal just type
cmd into start menu input).
- Add your hosts to
C:\Windows\System32\drivers\etc\hosts file, eg.
10.0.2.2 my-super-site.local (10.0.2.2 is your host’s localhost).
- Install VirtualBox guest additions.
- Shutdown and make a snapshot, so you can use it as a starting point if the trial period expires (it’s not illegal, even Microsoft themselves tell us to do it this way, which is understandable as it’s all about adjusting our websites to work on their faulty browsers).